Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Surefire Way To Kill Album Sales




"I wanted to write songs that make people beat the shit out of each other the first time they hear them." -- FOO FIGHTERS' DAVE GROHL

Thanks for the heads up Dave. I'll make sure to run right out & buy the new Foos album the day it's released. Mmm-kay? I've got a lot of pent up frustration and I'd like to take it out on some select people. Hopefully "In Your Honor" will aid me in dealing with these intense feelings. By the way, what's your address again?

Ok,now that we have that out of the way, I hope you all went out yesterday and procured yourselves a copy of Spoon's "Gimme Fiction." I know I did. The clerk behind the counter was beyond ecstatic when I brought him my selection. "Excellent choice!' he exclaimed. "Yes. Yes it is" I replied. I'm in the midst of writing a review of Britt Daniel & Co's latest masterpiece. Look for it next week. In the meantime, some select tracks for your listening (dis)pleasure:

  • Gorillaz: November Has Come (feat. MF Doom)


  • Interpol: Precipitate


  • Misfits: You Belong To Me


  • Ben Folds: Landed


  • While perusing through GrapeJuicePlus I came across a post about the band Hotel Lights. Fronted by former Ben Folds Five drummer Darren Jessee. I am a really big fan of BFF, especially Jessee's drumming. I own this great dvd of BFF live on the now defunct series "Sessions At West 54th St." Check it out if you get the chance. Anyway, this is Darren's new band. I kinda like their style. Very sleepy, subtle pop. Here are two tracks for you to sample:

  • Hotel Lights: You Come & I Go


  • Hotel Lights: I Am A Train
  • 2 Comments:

    Blogger cellophanegirl said...

    Hey,

    Your Mix cd came in today. I'm gonna listen to it tonight!! Thank u, thank u, thank u :)

    5:45 PM  
    Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

    Ur very very welcome. Hope u enjoy!

    5:53 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home