Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Look At Those Girls So Young, So Young Still Piss Their Pants. Like All Dogs Mangy. When The Hearts Skips Lazy.



As I slipped the cd into my stereo and began to listen, it was almost as if I was there with them. Witnessing Land Of Talk play. In a small dive bar, I could almost feel the floors, littered with spilt beer and sweat sticking to the soles of my shoes. Thick smoke filling the room. My throat burning after a shot of whiskey. Godamn this is one hell of an album. LOT hail from my hometown of Montreal and have created quite a buzz in the last few months with their full length album Applause Cheer Boo Hiss. Combining the sass and fuzz laden hooks of Sonic Youth with some killer melodies, ACBH is one of those rare albums that actually crib from it's influences without coming across as cheeky or overly ambitious. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Land Of Talk: Summer Special

Land Of Talk: Sea Foam

Land Of Talk: Magnetic Hill

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kamagra said...

I never thought that a band from Montreal was gonna be as succesful as it has been. this band was considered like indie rock revolution.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home