Monday, January 15, 2007

And For A Ten Minute Dream In The Passenger's Seat. While The World Was Flying By. You Haven't Been Gone Very Long. But It Feels Like A Lifetime.



I'm not what you'd call a "typical" Bright Eyes fan. My favorite album is Digital Ash In A Digital Urn, I've never seen them live, and I've worked my way backwards through their catalogue. Go figure. What does make my relationship with the band's legion of fans symbiotic is my utter adoration for Conor Oberst's songwriting skills. Picking up a copy of the live release Motion Sickness: Live Recordings only reinforced the fact that we are dealing with an artist that can effortlessly capture the 3am intensity and raging emotion that lie within the broken hearted as if he were making a sandwich. Layer after of layer of longing and restlessness. It really is quite amazing. Captured during several European dates, MS is a powerful display of Oberst and his crack backing band roaring through tracks off of Lifted & I'm Wide Awake It's Morning. A great addition to your BE collection. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Bright Eyes: We Are Nowhere And It's Now (live)

Bright Eyes: True Blue (live)

Bright Eyes: Old Soul Song (live)

Bright Eyes: When The President Talks To God (live)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you!!!
x i love love the true blue song, and 'when a president speaks to god' is ace! as are the other songs..
yes, thank you!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home