Tuesday, July 05, 2005

You Let Me Believe You Were Someone Else



I hope everyone had a nice 4th of July weekend. I know I did. Sick. In. Bed. I managed to make it wine tasting on Sunday and to the beach for a while on the 4th, but other than that it was NyQuil and my pillow for the majority of the day. One thing about being home sick is it always gives you the opportunity to rummage around through boxes of old stuff, because really; who has the time to do this normally?! I don't. Anyway, browsing through a box of old tapes I came across an album I had completely forgot about: White On Blonde by Glasgow, Scotland's Texas. Fronted by the supremely beautiful Sharleen Spiteri whose soulful voice and the band's combination of roots, rock, and soul made this album shine for me when I first heard it. If you are a fan of The Beautiful South, Garbage, or World Party then you owe it to yourself to pick up a copy of this album. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Texas: Black Eyed Boy

Texas: White On Blonde

Texas: Halo

Texas: Put Your Arms Around Me

Texas: Drawing Crazy Patterns

Texas: Say What You Want

Courtsey of S.I.A.R.T.:

Fountains of Wayne: Hit Me Baby, One More Time

Lastly:

Kanye West: Diamonds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home