Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I Came Here For A Good Time And You're Telling Me To Leave



I had wanted to post about The Walkmen a while ago, but I guess I forgot. I was abrubtly reminded however when my iTunes shuffled up "What's In It For Me" off their last album Bows + Arrows. Goddamnit I love that song. I also love the way it segues into the next track "The Rat." Hailing from NYC by way of Washington, D.C. The Walkmen are often described as having the sound of two different bands: one with a chaotic, soaring, and unique live rock sound; and another with a spacious, wide-open recorded sound. However you tag it, it's still a great sound. Or just a great emotional rollercoaster. I swear, sometimes after listening to this album straight through my heart literally feels mlike it's been pummeled. I love it. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

The Walkmen: What's In It For Me

The Walkmen: The Rat

The Walkmen: Everyone Who Pretended To Like Me Is Gone

The Walkmen: Revenge Wears No Wrist Watch

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this blog. The Walkmen kick.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home