Friday, June 24, 2005

I Had A Match But She Had A Lighter. I Had A Flame But She Had A Fire. I Was Bright But She Was Much Brighter. I Was High But She Was The Sky.



Cake will always be tied to my wife. When we first met, we argued over them. She loved their first album Fashion Nugget, I thought it stunk. The day I proposed, we went to a Cake concert that very night. They've become "our" little inside joke. When we go out to our favorite hole in the wall bar Aero Club the first thing we do is put some Cake in the jukebox. And we laugh at all the different memories the band has created for us over the years. So, for your listening (dis)pleasure, here are select tracks off our favorite Cake album Prolonging The Magic:

Cake: Satan Is My Motor

Cake: You Turn The Screws

Cake: Let Me Go

Cake: Sheep Go To Heaven

Cake: Hem Of Your Garment

Cake: Never There

Cake: Mexico

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just a quick note...

Fashion Nugget wasn't Cake's first album, just so you're aware. Their first album was "Motorcade of Generosity".

I'm a big Cake fan myself, so your post about them made me laugh.

have a good one.

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot the best song "When You Sleep"

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home