Monday, June 27, 2005

Now I'm Walking Again To The Beat Of A Drum. And I'm Counting The Steps To The Door Of Your Heart.



Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while now have probably deduced that I am a pop whore. I LOVE a good pop song. The skill & craft involved in writing a pop gem, to me, is/can be a most extrodinary gift. Neil Finn, formerly of Crowded House and currently solo is; in IMHO one of the most talented songwriters of our generation. Next to Elvis Costello, I really don't see anyone producing the kind of art they do. Finn started honing his craft in Split Enz, perfected it in Crowded House, and mastered it on his own. So, for your listening (dis)pleasure enjoy an acoustic version of the hit that put Neil on the map:

Crowded House: Don't Dream It's Over (acoustic)


Apparently, Chris & I both share an affinity for bitching about Mondays & professing our love of hip-hop. Guess I'll have to follow suit today:

Dr. Dre & Snoop: Deep Cover

Gangstarr: Ex Girl To Next Girl

Missy Elliott: Lose Control


And lastly, let's sample some Foo Fighter's tracks shall we? From the just released double jawn In Your Honour:

Foo Fighters: Best Of You

Foo Fighters: The Deepest Blues Are Black

Foo Fighters: Hell

Foo Fighters: Cold Day In The Sun

Foo Fighters: On The Mend

Foo Fighters: Still

4 Comments:

Blogger solightful said...

God, I wish I had some Radiohead to listen to right now. Especially "Thinking About You".. that is such a wonderful track.. and most people don't know about it, cuz its off an Import that you would normally pay twice the dinero for... but thanks to the Vicar, we had it... for like, a split second. hmph. Please share again. and again. and again.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Your assessment of Neil Finn is spot on! I'm torn between wishing more people supported his career and having him all to myself.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you haven't seen it, the Neil Finn dvd "Seven Worlds Collide" is really worthwhile. It is a concert collaboration with Johnny Marr, Lisa Germano, Eddie Vedder and others; they sing each others' songs, and do some Neil Finn and Split Enz songs.

-- jonhope

8:32 AM  
Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

I've seen it
I own it
I LOVE it

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home