Thursday, June 30, 2005

I'll Sing To You My Mewing Charm



If you're like me, you enjoy some wierd music every once in a while. And it doesn't get any wierder than Lovage, the side project of Dan The Automator,Mike Patton of Faith No More/Mr. Bungle, and Jennifer Charles of Elysian Fields. Arguably both eccentric and at times unlistenable, Automator (in full on Handsome Boy Modeling School character Nathaniel Merriweather) and crew nonethless piece together a brooding but often darkly humorous journey through the dark side of the love life. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Lovage: Pit Stop (Take Me Home)

Lovage: Sex (I'm A)

Lovage: Stroker Ace

Lovage: Lies & Alibis

Now that you've been thrown for a loop, why not stay awhile. Have a drink. Bjork is here, singing in the piano lounge. No, you say? Well, see for yourself:

Bjork: Where Is The Line? (Fantomas remix)

Bjork: Human Behaviour (Close To Human mix)

Bjork: I Miss You (Photek remix)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pleasure's mine. All mine.

These are good but "Lifeboat", "Strangers on the Train" and "Book of the Month" are even more fun on that disc!

I didn't know many people even knew about Lovage, but I often run into someone and they offer a similar response "Oh, I can't believe you know about them!"

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home