Thursday, July 14, 2005

He Likes To Keep His Fire Engine Clean. It's A Clean Machine.



I'm still swamped with work after having taken 5 days off, but here are some sweet Beatles covers by some of my favorite artists. My love of music stems from my parents; specifically my Dad who was a session guitar player before he got married and had me. He is a staunch Beatles fan; my mother worships The Stones. While I am a huge Stones fan, it's really Paul, George, John, & Ringo that shaped my stylistic appreciation for music. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

World Party: Penny Lane

Afghan Whigs: Rain

Matthew Sweet: She Said

Beck: A Day In The Life

Chantal Kreviazuk: In My Life

Foo Fighters: Blackbird

Gomez: Getting Better

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome site. Awesome post.

FYI, the version of "A Day In the Life" that you posted is by JEFF BECK if I'm not mistaken (as opposed to Beck "Devil's Haircut" Hansen).

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - I cannot download these... comes up as code... is there something I can do to hear/download them?

12:06 PM  
Blogger solotoo said...

Does the same for me, just a lot of HTML code and nothing esle!?

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude... please repost these so that I can download... I'm dying to hear them... thanks!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

sorry for the beck mistake.
i'm working on reposting!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for taking the time to repost these... I'm looking forward to hearing them!!!

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can listen to them if you go to hype.non-standard.net it indexes many music blogs and has all the music backed up for stream and download

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home