Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It's Like My Skin Turned Inside Out. And There's No Silver Here In This Cloud. It's Like A love That's Turning Sour. It's Letting Go. This Is A Low.



Ok, I have a confession to make. I've got it bad. So bad in fact, that the Scanners debut album Violence Is Golden has threatened to overtake my stereo. It's almost as if they've sent a warning to every other album I own: "Try and get him to play you and you will be destroyed." So far it seems to be working. 2006 has been a spectacular year for debuts, and VIG is nothing short of just that: a spectacular display of unsettling grooves, dark melodies, and killer hooks. Lead singer/bassist Sarah Daley has one of the more erotic voices in rock, and when she hits it full stride you feel it deep in the core of your soul. If I were you I'd have your ex's phone number handy while listening to the Scanners. You're definetely gonna be making some calls. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Scanners: Low Life

Scanners: In My Dreams

Scanners: Joy

Scanners: Raw

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a like on for this one, thanks

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home