Saturday, August 12, 2006

You Don't Need To Look For Trouble. It Will Surely Find It's Way To You.



Am I really that predictable? A very generous reader sent me Movie Monster; the debut major label album from Austin, TX's Sound Team. Assuring me I'd fall in love with their 80's styled, synth burnt, rollicking songs I popped the album into my cd player. It hasn't left since. Blending an experimental and vastly underrated knack for killer hooks with solid production, Sound Team have successfully bridged the gap between college rock and art rock. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Sound Team: Born To Please

Sound Team: Back In Town

Sound Team: Movie Monster

Sound Team: No More Birthdays

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those pictures of the band, and I dig the fact thhat they've got a straight synth player. I appreciate bands that at least incorporate that aspect of trippyness. Thanks for the links.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home