Monday, July 17, 2006

She Leads You Up, Points Out Skylines And Stars, Steeple Chases In Bars. And Took Your Keys, Demanding That You Stay.



Am I too old to listen to Dashboard Confessional? Sometimes I wonder. Listening to Chris Carrabba sing is almost like eavsdropping on the thoughts of a very confused and in love adolescent: raging emotions one minute and then calm waters the next. But I can tap into those memories so easily sometimes, you know? I guess that's what keeps me coming back for each new release. Showcasing an even bigger, broader sound than 2004's A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar, DC have captured, in essence, a song cycle showcasing summer love on the recently released Dusk and Summer. An excellent companion to AMAMABAS, this is an album to fall in love with. Or to. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Dashboard Confessional: Rooftops And Invitations

Dashboard Confessional: Don't Wait

Dashboard Confessional: So Long, So Long (feat. Adam Duritz)

Dashboard Confessional: Dusk And Summer

4 Comments:

Blogger JJS III said...

I wrote a ridiculous review of this album on my blog basically contemplating the question, "Am I too old for this?" Admittedly, it was kind of pretentious and annoying. For your reading (dis)pleasure...

http://itisthemoneyshot.blogspot.com/2006/06/emo-lane-heaven-is-not-here-for-me.html

8:09 PM  
Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

Great blog! Seems like I'm not the only one who feels this way.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Eric Grubbs said...

I posted about this album last week on my blog:

http://themeparkexperience.blogspot.com/2006/07/lay-your-armor-down.html

Pretty good album I say.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel younger when i'm listening to dashboard. more naive and more easily crushed.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home