Monday, July 24, 2006

Only Came Outside To Watch The Nightfall With The Rain. I Heard You Making Patterns Rhyme.



23 years is a long time to be comitted to a band, let alone anything for that matter. But it's true. At the age of 9, I pledged life long allegiance to Duran Duran. They were my first concert, my first kiss, my first fuck. It's true. And I'm a better man for it. For your listening (dis)pleasure, remixes off the import only release Nite Romantics~Carnival~Tiger Tiger~Strange Behavior:

Duran Duran: Planet Earth (Night Version)

Duran Duran: Girls On Film (Night Version)

Duran Duran: Notorious (Latin Rascals Mix)

Duran Duran: Union Of The Snake (Monkey Mix)


********************************************************************************
On a side note, this Saturday see's a slew of blogger's doing guest turns over at Clever Titles Are So Last Summer. It's music blogging for charity, so head on over and witness a new post every half hour for 24 hours! I'll post my scheduled time for the day towards the end of the week. In the meantime, head on over and donate some money!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too. All of the above. 1982 was life changing.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 80's in general spawned some of the greatest songs ever. The Deftones, a metal band covered the Chauffeur and it totally rules.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

yes, it is a great cover! Thx for reading!

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there, can you get these tracks available for download again?thanks.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

email me and I'll send em your way.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG... I know I arrived late to the party but WHERE CAN I GET THESE "NIGHT VERSIONS"!!!? I was right in the thick of things when Duran Duran lead us into the 80's (I graduated from H.S. in 1978) and I have been die hard fan since seeing the "Planet Earth" video. My 16 year old daughter has every Duran Duran song (and about 8 Vids I hacked from YouTube),I ever owned on her iPod thanks to me... keep up the great work.

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home