Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Friday Five Alive Mix




Today marks the debut of a new weekly feature here on Indoor Fireworks. Every week we will be presenting the Friday Five Alive Mix: five jams to get you ready for the weekend! Please feel free to submit any feedback on tracks you'd like to see appear in the future. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Fiona Apple: Shadowboxer (live)

Nicole Atkins & The Sea: Neptune City

Zero 7: Your Place off their upcoming album The Garden

Radiohead: Palo Alto

Michael Jackson: I Can't Help It (Tangoterje Mix) courtesy of the ever fab Dilated Choonz

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's an incredible amount of background noise on the fiona track. it made me almost as insane as it did when i had the (un?)fortunate experience of seeing her open for coldplay.

how about posting her version of "across the universe" from the pleasantville soundtrack? i've actually never heard it.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

I hear ya Anonymous. It's a live track circa 1997 that was recorded at The Brickyard Bar by, obviously, someone in the crowd. I still thought it was a cool enough version to post...she sounds so young and un-jaded. Thx for the ATU request, check back next week to see if it makes on the list.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you really think she sounds jaded these days? that surprises me. perhaps she was during the WTP era, but now?

i think there's more of a feeling of acceptance in her work today, if that makes sense, and the wisdom that comes with it. she's a bit frisky live, and not nearly as moody.

but this post isn't about fiona alone. forgive me. i get started, and off i go.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

Not necc. jaded, but she's def. lost that innocence from the Tidal era. Don't get me, I am an avid and faithful FA fan so I don't want you to think that I'm bagging on her. I'm seeing her live in July with Damien Rice so we'll see how she handles herself in asmaller venue this time around. I backed out on the Coldplay/Fiona tour. Ick.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home