Friday, May 19, 2006

I Cherish The Twilight. I Maximize, My Soul Is The Right Size. I Watch For The Power To Run Out On The Moon (And That'll Be Sometime Soon.)



Criminally underrated, De La Soul's Buhloone Mindstate remains today one of my favorite hip hop albums. Boasting a surreal, laid back vibe missing since their debut, De La eschewed the claustrophobic production of their near perfect sophmore release De La Soul Is Dead and instead focused on what they do best: laying down puzzle-piece like word play over sparse soul beats. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

De La Soul: Ego Trippin' Part 2

De La Soul: Eye Patch

De La Soul: I Am I Be

De La Soul: Area


::BONUS:: De La Soul: Ego Trippin' Part 3 (Egoristic Mix)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny coincidence... i used almost exactly the same phrase in the context of this album a few days ago on
http://dilate.choonz.com/index.php?id=337

I posted the edit of the michael jackson tune where the sample for breakadawn came from

5:49 AM  
Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

Bro, your site is amazing! Lot's of greatness abounds there!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home