Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I Don't Know What To Offer You. I'm Only Broke & Lonely.



Don't you wish you were in The Walkmen? I do. With a sound so vintage it almost dares you to raid your parents vinyl collection, these guys truly sound like they're from another era entirely. Their third album One Hundred Miles Off was released today; ramshackle sound intact. This time around they focus more on constructing more cohesive, melodic gems rather than the meandering jams that appeared on their debut. Don't get me wrong, I fucking love Bows+Arrows. But AHMO really kicks things into high gear. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

The Walkmen: Another One Goes By

The Walkmen: Louisiana

The Walkmen: Lost In Boston

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is actually their third album, not their second. Their debut full-length "Everyone Who Pretended To Like Me Is Gone" was released in 2001. If you haven't heard it, it's definitely worth checking out.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

Oversight noted, I totally knew that! Thx for the heads up!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home