Monday, April 03, 2006

I Was So Impressed By You. I Was Running Blind. I Would Fall For Every Trick. Every Twist Of Mind.



It never fails. Every time I listen to OMD I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach. Sort of like a mixture of butterflies and angst. And memories. Memories of girls. Of hanging out with friends. Of private school uniforms and first drags off cigarettes. If you don't own their greatest hits you really are missing out. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

OMD: So In Love

OMD: Souvenir

OMD: Forever Live And Die

OMD: Electricity

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

use to listen to OMD a lot - especially the sugar tax album.
they should get more credit for many other songs other than 'if you leave'...

3:46 PM  
Blogger -idogcow said...

Ah, memories of 7 December, 1986('85?) - UC Davis (California) concert with Tonya, the first 'college' girl-friend.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much appreciated...I've always liked "Forever Live and Die" and "So In Love". I picked up quite a few OMD cassettes in college, so this certainly takes me back. Thanks for sharing!!

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, yes, yes! That yearning, aching, nostalgic feeling - I know it sooo well! And it's really only OMD who can set it off. Hmm, maybe they really do belong in my pantheon of favourite bands. Memo to self...

Cheers,
FiL

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite band & one that never received the proper recognition. Then again that was most of the 80s music. It was a fun time all around.

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Souvenir - definintely in my top 5 songs from the 80's.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As teenager i really loved this song so in love some words that impact to me,then i learned enghish and the letters was than i feelings. Now i have 33 years old and it is a pleasure listen again all nice ,sincere,white letter,real music with a lot of emotion. i hope listen always always they are in my heart for ever. Thanks. Many greetings from PerĂº. Andrea Paula :) Nice memories :(

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home