Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I Wish One Day. The Two Of Us Could Escape. We Could Drive Off To The Sea. Just You & Me.



I first discovered Vicious Vicious while perusing Silence Is A Rhythm Too. A must read for fans of anything 80's or synth-pop, SIART posted a quick review of VV's 2005 release Don't Look So Surprised that caught my eye. I'm not sure if it was the Red Bull I was drinking or the fact that he likened them to a cross between Prince, The Cars, & Weezer, but whatever the case I was hooked. Like, intra-venously hooked. Main songwriter Erik Appelwick (one fifth of the awesome Olympic Hopefuls) conceived DLSS last summer in the sweltering heat of fellow Hopeful Darren Jackson's attic and it shows on the finished product. Equal parts danceable and introspective, Applewick's soulful voice guides the listener through summertime inspired jams that showcase his remarkable songwriting talents and ace backing band. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Vicious Vicious: It's A Serious Thing

Vicious Vicious: Under California Skies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home