Monday, February 20, 2006

It's Like Funk to Rhythm And Punk To Rock. Loud Like Shots That Come From A Glock.



Even though I'm guest blogging tomorrow over at the excellent Clever Titles Are So Last Summer I still wanted to hit you all up with some Indoor Fireworks lovliness this evening. Continuing with the recent hip hop theme are two tracks off of Common's very much underrated 2002 album Electric Circus. I absolutely adore this album for far too many reasons to list here tonight (new puppy...lack of sleep etc...) but I will say this: any MC that has a member of Stereolab guest on a track is pretty much the fucking man in my book. And that the track happens to sizzle as well is pure gravy. Also of note is his collabo with R&B's Jill Scott on I Am Music. Check it out to see how many historical music references Common drops. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Common: New Wave feat. Laetitia Sadier

Common: I Am Music feat. Jill Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home