Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I Went Downtown. I Saw Ms. Brown. She Had Brown Sugar, All Over Her Booga-Wooga.



I thought long and hard about what to post on this Valentine's Day evening. Should I go the anti-V-day route and post some bitter break-up songs? Nah. What about all the shmaltzy stuff? Burt Bacharach? Hells no. You know what is the epitome of love in my book? Bob Marley. Bob fucking Marley and The Wailers. One of my favorite Tuff Gong releases happens to be Talkin' Blues. This 1973 live release "captures the time, in the mid-Seventies, when Bob Marley & The Wailers took reggae into the mainstream of popular music." Most of the tracks are from a broadcast for KSAN radio in San Fransisco, the only recordings from the Wailers' first American tour. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Bob Marley: Kinky Reggae

Bob Marley: Talkin' Blues

Bob Marley: Burnin' & Lootin'

Bob Marley: Walk The Proud Land

1 Comments:

Blogger solightful said...

Amen, brother.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home