Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Your Friends Have Shown A Kink In The Single Life. You've Had Too Much To Think Now You Need A Wife.



Yes, I am aware that I'm not the first blogger to gush about The Raconteurs. Yes, I'm also aware that I'm not the only blogger to post tracks from their upcoming album. Wanna know a secret? I don't fucking care. And here's why: it's been some time since I've been this giddy over a group, let alone one with such stellar pedigree as this. I dug Jack White's collabo with Lorretta Lynne; it was cool hearing him play with a full band. Beefy is sometimes better. And Brendan Benson? Next to A.C. Newman I'd say he's the heir apparent to Neil Finn's pop crown. And these guys rock, in a straight no chaser kind of way, something that's been missing in music as of late. So, mucho thanks to YANP for the links. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

The Raconteurs: Steady As She Goes

The Raconteurs: Store Bought Bones

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home