Sunday, February 12, 2006

Now I Want Someone Badly. To Burn In Here With Me.



No, you're not hallucinating. We've done some revamping here at Indoor Fireworks. When I say "we" I really mean the fantastically talented Josh Rodriguez. Without his ideas and knowledge of HTML code, yours truly would still be rocking the Blogger templates. Do yourself a favor and click the link to his site located on the bottom right of this site and check out his photo chops as well. Boy's got skillz! Ok then, on to the music!

Let me preface this post by saying I've never actually seen First Love, Last Rites. I wish I had some great, long winded reason/excuse as to why but I don't. What I do have however, is an immense love for the accompanying soundtrack. Written and mostly played by the now defunct Shudder To Think, FLLR plays sort of like an open mike night at your favorite local bar. Guest singers are invited to come onstage and jam with the house band. Some collaborations work, some falter. The 4 tracks I'm posting tonight are the ones that work. Terrifically. From the blue-eyed soul that the late Jeff Buckley brings, to the rawked! out sneer Billy Corgan stamps his track with, and finally to the lullaby Nina Persson hauntingly croons on the track that, from what I've read, was the catalyst that brought her together with now boyfriend/former Shudder guitarist Nathan Larson. But don't take my word for it. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Shudder To Think w/Jeff Buckley: I Want Someone Badly

Shudder To Think w/Liz Phair: Erecting A Movie Star

Shudder To Think w/Billy Corgan: When I Was Born, I Was Bored

Shudder To Think w/Nina Persson of The Cardigans: Appalachian Lullaby

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job on the revision to the layout and THANKS for the continued aural goodness!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did that movie ever actually come out? Anyway, another good album here- the track with John Doe is amazing.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

All's I know about the movie is that it written/directed by Jesse Peretz; former bass player for The Lemonheads. Oh, and I think he directed some Foo Fighter videos too. :yaaaaawn:

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work. Is there any way you could upload those again?

7:58 AM  
Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

If you email me I'll send you the tracks. How's that? Cool?

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home