Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Something Tells Me You're Too Scared To Go So The Stairs That You Climb Are The Ones You've Left Behind.



When I heard the first strains of music I just knew it. I knew the band I was listening to was from Arizona. I don't know exactly what "it" is, but the majority of artists that I like from the Phoenix/Tempe area have that sound. I like to call it desert pop. Jimmy Eat World has it. So did The Refreshments and Dead Hot Workshop. And The Format are no exception. Originally releasing an e.p. on Jim Adkins' (J.E.W.) Western Tread label, these indie popsters made the leap to Elektra records for their 2003 release Lullabies & Interventions. Blending sugary harmonies and choruses with chiming guitars, Nate Ruess and Sam Means have crafted an album that, upon first listen grabs you by the lapels and never lets you go. Much thanks goes out to Jamie & Jackie for the heads up. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

The Format: Give It Up

The Format: The First Single

The Format: Tune Out

3 Comments:

Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

Ha ha! All it is is dust in the waaaater. ;)

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. Just thought I would let you know that When Apes Rule The Earth! is no more. I have started a new project that it is becoming ten times better than APES ever was. It's called relapse.

I would be overcome with joy if you would switch out the link from the old to the new. (That goes for anyone else who sees this and has a link to APES.)

In the meantime...I'll begin work on figuring out your Hot Bitch rating.

-Addie
(the blogger formerly known around town as marshmellow_parade)

1:29 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Nice stuff. Dig the Format.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home