Friday, December 09, 2005

She Said I'll Throw Myself Away. They're Just Photos After All.



In a parallel universe, I would be Josh Homme. I would be Josh Homme and I would rock out with Queens Of The Stone Age every goddamned night. I've never come across a band as magical os QOTSA in the sense that they create these kernels of melody wrapped up tightly in a ball of controlled chaos. The recently released live dvd/cd Over The Years And Through The Woods gives you a glimpse into their insane world, with plently of commentary and visuals that transport you straight back to that one time in high school when you were tripping balls on LSD and...oh wait. Nevermind. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Queens Of The Stone Age: Go With The Flow (live)

Queens Of The Stone Age: Tangled Up In Plaid (live)

Queens Of The Stone Age: Leg Of Lamb (live)

Queens Of The Stone Age: No One Knows (live)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

I like that: A Great Rock Indulgence!" I've seen them live a couple of times and they just CRUSH.

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

F*cking incredible....from WA and drove to Missoula....have ya ever seen the cages they have onstage for this tour? Still trying to locate where to purchase...HA-HA! Sorry, that was a side-note, but QOTSA rocked and it was a great 'classic' venue.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home