Saturday, December 10, 2005

She Had A Beauty Soft As A Shipyard. Bony As Conviction.



One album that I lament not including on my year end list is Discover A Lovelier You by the Pernice Brothers. If anyone can conjure up memories and images of sun drenched summer days spent listening to near perfect pop songs it's Joe Pernice. With his whispered croon, sugar-sweet direct melodies, and sophisticated arrangements, Pernice continues to apply these stellar traits throughout the entire record coupled with sonic surprises used perfectly. Ultimately this could wind up being their best-sounding album yet. DALY is a lush and near perfect pop album, and a fine return to form for the Pernice Brothers. I really should have my head examined for overlooking this gem. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Pernice Brothers: There Goes The Sun

Pernice Brothers: Snow

Pernice Brothers: My So Called Celibate Life

Pernice Brothers: Red Desert

3 Comments:

Blogger countrygrrl said...

wow what a selection..loved snow and there goes the sun...ta very much,,,great blog to!!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

live a little. change the list.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I agree. Revise the list if you feel it's necessary. If you the Prenice Bros, check out Scud Mountain Boys. It is Joe's old band. Phenomenal. Also, I just posted my top 50 of 05. You should take a look.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home