Wednesday, November 23, 2005

And In My Best Behavior. I Am Really Just Like Him. Look Beneath The Floorboards. For The Secrets I Have Hid.



So in all honesty, I'm not the biggest Sufjan fan. Not by a long shot. That title is bestowed to Chris. Last time we hung out I kinda gave him a hard time about being a Sufjan Stevens fan because let's face it, the man can be difficult. Sort of like an enigma. People have called me that before, but I'm quite sure it wasn't in the same context. Anyhoo, these tracks; culled from a live show he played in Denver in June of 2005 in support of his latest release Illinoise really got me thinking: Would I rather SJ be a difficult listen or someone I causally dismiss? I still don't have a concrete answer for you, but I nonetheless am enjoying these live joints. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Sufjan Stevens: The Tallest Man, The Broadest Shoulders

Sufjan Stevens: John Wayne Gacy, Jr.

Sufjan Stevens: They Are Night Zombies! They Are Neighbors! They Have Come Back From The Dead!! Ahhhh!

Sufjan Stevens: Jacksonville Cheer

Sufjan Stevens: Jacksonville

Sufjan Stevens: Chicago Cheer

Sufjan Stevens: Chicago

Sufjan Stevens: Come On! Feel The Illinoise!!

Sufjan Stevens: A Good Man Is Hard To Find

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

nice, thanks for the live tracks. i hadn't heard this show.

glad you're at least giving my boy a chance :)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

very cool. i hadnt heard him live before. i dig his studio albums quite a bit.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

yeah, his studio albums are unbelievably great. Like, close to perfect.

Anyways, thanks for the live tracks!

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful. i'm in GvB's camp on this. the man is amazing. thanks for the tracks!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home