Monday, November 14, 2005

But You Were Just Friends. At Least That's What You Said. Now I Know Better From His Fingers In Your Hair.



I'm sure I'll lose whatever street cred I have left after this post, but fuck it. I don't care. I like Gavin Degraw's album Chariot. Rather, I like the stripped version which comes as a nifty bonus disc on the re-released version. He's got a great soulful wail and is a pretty ace piano player to boot. His songwriting style covers elements of pop and soul, and he really seems to be trying to bring some integrity back to music. Even though his lyrics aren't particularily great, his musicianship is so much further advanced, so that songs like the title track carry DeGraw up and beyond the company of others in the market. Gavin Degraw's "Chariot" is a first record made by a young man with good intentions and a promising future in the pop music industry. For your listening (dis)pleasure:


Gavin DeGraw: (Nice To Meet You) Anyways (stripped)

Gavin DeGraw: Follow Through (stripped)

Gavin DeGraw: Just Friends (stripped)

Gavin Degraw: Chemical Party (stripped)

Gavin DeGraw: Change Is Gonna Come (stripped) (Sam Cooke cover)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

street cred, sheet smed. i like it too. and the stripped versions are just wonderful.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

Suh-weet! I gots Bethanne on my side.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yer, Gavin DeGraw is my idol and I love his music, style and overall outlook on the whole music thing. Don't worry about what other people are saying to you, like who you like, when you like.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home