Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Sorry About The Things That I Was Saying. I'll Make It Up To You Right Now At The Penny Arcade.



It's been awhile since I came across a band that had the talent to change my mind about southern rock. I'm not a big fan of Kings Of Leon. Or Lynyrd Skynrd. But I am fan of My Morning Jacket after previewing their absolutely phenomenal new album Z. Soaked in pulsating keyboards and strong melodies, MMJ prove they have the songwriting and musicianship to radically alter their template; with successful results. For your listening (dis)pleasure, my darkhorse contender for album of the year:

My Morning Jacket: Wordless Chorus

My Morning Jacket: Off The Record

My Morning Jacket: It Beats For You

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for the songs! I always liked Mahgeetah from It Still Moves, and will definitely check out their new album.

1:56 PM  
Blogger solightful said...

It Beats For You is a good song.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regrettably My Morning Jacket's "Z" CD is encoded with the new copy-burn-protection scheme that prevents you from transferring the (legally purchased) music to your iPod or computer. I'll happily spend my money on other bands that don't support strong-arming their customers.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

I hear ya. There's an article in the new RS that talks about this ridiculous new trend with some of the majors. However, I heard if you search on Google you can find instructions on how to "bypass" this bullshit.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The riff from "off the record" reminds me a lot of that one from "hawaii 5-0" can't help it...
Thanks for the depeche mode songs (how i got here in the first place). I'm linking you in my site, maybe you'd like to come by someday ;)
http://mookamotel.blogspot.com

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're on a Mac you can copy the songs normally from the CD to iTunes and onto your iPod.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tunes!!! You are my favorite blogger right now!!! Does this album seem quieter than it still moves - or are those just the songs I've heard???

7:55 PM  
Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

On the whole it's much mellower than ISM, but that's not to say there aren't some rockin' tracks.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Dodge said...

MOKB fav!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

While I'd hardly call "Z" southern-rock, it is pretty f'ing amazing. Definately also in the running for album of the year.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home