Tuesday, October 11, 2005

This City Is My Home, Construction Noise All Day Long And Gutter Punks Bumming Change.



I think that by now, we can all agree that Death Cab For Cutie's Plans was a tad disappointing. It's not that it was a bad record; it just wasn't a great one. It was medicore. Middle of the road. Safe. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they signed to a major label. I mean if anyone firmly believes in reaping the rewards of your success it's me. But it saddened me that DCFC came off decidely, well, limp on this album. What can you do? If you're like me, then you rejoice when they issue a stunning live album like The John Byrd e.p. Opening with a slightly more aggressive sounding We Laugh Indoors, DCFC roll through such fan favorites such as the driving Photobooth and the gorgeous 405. Bonus props for weaving in Sebadoh's Brand New Love into Blacking Out The Friction. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

(ALL FILES ARE YOU SEND IT. CLICK AND FOLLOW LINKS)

Death Cab For Cutie: We Laugh Indoors (The Wiltern Los Angeles 5.21.04)

Death Cab For Cutie: Lightness (The Showbox Seattle 5.08.04)

Death Cab For Cutie: Photobooth (The Showbox Seattle 5.08.04)

Death Cab For Cutie: 405 (The Showbox Seattle 5.08.04)

Death Cab For Cutie: Blacking Out The Friction/ Brand New Love (Sebadoh cover) (The Wiltern Los Angeles 5.21.04)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

could you upload these please? or email them to me at badnewsbadnewsbadnews@gmail.com

thanks

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home