Friday, September 23, 2005

Who Will Get Me To A Party? Who Do I Have Yet To Meet? You...You Look A Bit Like Coffee. And Taste A Bit Like Me.



I have a confession to make. I've had the debut album by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah laying around my house for a while now. I put it on once about 3 months ago and just wasn't impressed. In fact, I was a little annoyed to be quite honest with you. Every other blogger on the planet had been falling all over themselves raving about how "great" this album was. And I just didn't agree. Until now. I don't know what possesed me to give it another try but I popped it in the car last night and went for a drive. I'm glad I did. CYHSY sound exactly what I imagine music would after drinking an entire bottle of NyQuil and smoking a whole pack of cloves. Loopy. Woozy. Fucking brilliant. "The Skin Of My Yellow Teeth" sounds like a young David Byrne wacked on nitrous backed by New Order. I also love the Beatles/Shins style backing vocals on "Is This Love." I know I'm late for the bandwagon, but I really don't give a fuck. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah: Clap Your Hands!

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah: The Skin Of My Yellow Country Teeth

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah: Is This Love?

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah: Gimme Some Salt

1 Comments:

Blogger callmemickey said...

bout time you saw the light!!!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home