Monday, October 10, 2005

Just Because We Skate Down Roads Don't Mean We Can't Slam Phantom Doors.



I needed some new hip hop to listen to. I really did. And I found it over at the excellent Freemotion last night. One new track from Jurassic 5 and a promo single from The Neptunes lead alien Pharrell. The J5 track is so tight with a great Dick Dale style guitar sample, and the Pharrell track, well, it's the weirdest fucking thing I've heard in a long long time. Over the beat to Outkast's Elevators (Me & You) Lil' Skateboard P raps about how he's the black Karl Sagan and that he's still looking for his Yoko. I'm not sure how his forthcoming solo album will be, but if this is any indication it's gonna be all over the map. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Jurassic 5: Red Hot feat. The Dap Kings

Pharrell: Maybe(remix)


Also, for those of you who live in the NYC area, make sure to check out the indie-pop fuzz stylings of Beat Radio on October 13th @ Sin-e. They sent me some tracks and this one hasn't left iTunes all morning:

Beat Radio: Treetops (e.p. version)


BONUS TRACK: Busta Rhymes: Touch It

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home