Friday, March 11, 2005

Friday Potpurri: Guilty Pleasure #4080

So I like Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone." Fucking sue me. It's catchy and and riff heavy (same thing?) and has the essential element necessary to be a Top 40 pop gem: it will eventually be forgotten. So when I came across Ted Leo doing a cover of this track I was, for lack of a better word: giddy. And THEN when I heard that he incorporates a couple of bars from The Yeah Yeah Yeah's "Maps" well I damned near spontaneously combusted. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Ted Leo - "Since U Been Gone/Maps" (via stereogum.com)



I'll prolly lose whatever hipster cred I have left, but I never really got into At The Drive-In. Sorry. Too much effort. But when I heard the first single off of splintered ATDI's The Mars Volta, I decided to give them a chance. The musicianship is stellar no doubt, but the lead sqwaker's voice kinda makes me think of Queensryche. Ok, maybe it's just me. Nevertheless, here's the pretty decent first single off of "Frances The Mute." (via hip/ster/eo)

the mars volta - 02 - the widow


And because I'm so gosh darned excited that my boys Radiohead are back in the studio, here's a link to the Itch e.p. (via totally fuzzy)

Radiohead - Itch (EP)


Lastly, it's Friday and I'm in a good mood.

http://www.thesuperficial.com/image.php?path=/archives/victoria.jpg

http://www.thesuperficial.com/image.php?path=/archives/aj.jpg

i always save the best for last dah-lings.

Eva Mendes: Foto 1, foto 2, foto 3 en foto 4.


***afterthought of the day***

I'm so very very sorry. I just couldn't resist: The Daily Show covers Jacko's pajama party trial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home