Monday, March 07, 2005

I Like Swiss Miss Mixed With A Bit Of Honey

I hate it when people have better ideas than me. Liza over at Copy, Right? http://copycommaright.blogspot.com/ recently posted about the most excellent (and way old school. I'm talking 1990 people!) Elektra Records compilation "Rubaiyat: Elektra's 40th Anniversary" which was a collection of Elektra artists covering songs by other Elektra artists. Phew. Is there a statute of limitations regarding excessive use of one particular word in a paragraph? If so, I think my fine might be hefty. So I loved this album, which had covers performed by The Pixies, The Sugarcubes, The Cure, and a bunch of other bands beginning with the word "The." Also of note was the track "Mt. Airy Groove" performed by Leaders Of The New School which, if you're a hip-hop head like me, featured Busta Rhymes before he got all "Whoo Haa" on us. (Liza, if you ever read this, I'd get Scott Baio to give you foot massages for eternity if you'd post it.) So my dah-lings, for your listening (dis)pleasure, here are some select tracks that both Liza & I 100% approve of:

The Cure "Hello, I Love You" (The Doors cover)

The Sugarcubes "Motorcycle Mama" (Sailcat cover)

The Pixies "Born in Chicago" (Paul Butterfield Blues Band cover)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home