Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I Won't Thank Myself. I Made A Fine Display. I'll Raise My Hands And Yours To Sing This Song Or Any Other One. `Cause They're All The Same.



Listening to Fields, I can't help but feel slightly disappointed. Not in their music mind you. But with the fact that they're not fucking huge right now. Imagine The Sundays with a slightly heavier but more hopeful sound or a more focused My Bloody Valentine and you're halfway there. Throw in some gorgeous vocal interplay by keyboardist Thoruun Antonia and guitarist Jamie Putnam and stellar production by Michael Bienhorn (Soundgarden, Hole, Herbie Hancock) and voila: you've got one heck of a stellar major label debut. Sorry for the brief review but I'm out of town in Philly and short on time. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Fields: Song For The Fields

Fields: If You Fail We All Fail (highly rec'd!!)

Fields: Skulls And Flesh And More

Fields: You Don't Need This Song (highly rec'd!!)

3 Comments:

Blogger MR said...

Not another one. That "dancing about architecture" line has been attributed to everyone & his brother - Lou Reed, Laurie Anderson. Never heard EC before, but it wasn't him either. Not telling who it was. At any rate, could you have picked a more overused, less interesting tag? No, you could not.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

Actually, rumour has it that Frank Zappa first uttered that illustious phrase. I saw it in a book of musician's quotes attached to Elvis Costello and since this blogs' name was cribbed from an EC song I figured 'Why the heck not." Thanks for the "kind" words and thx for reading!

BTW...I started this blog over 3 years ago and have had that quote up from day 1. I didn't realize it was overused. Bit do I care? Nope.

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any reason these were encoded at 32 kbps? The songs are good but I am afraid I miss some of the sonic detail...

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home