Friday, September 16, 2005

Too Many Fucked Up Years And I Can't Hold Her



I know that some of my more astute fellow bloggers love The Raveonettes much more than I do, but nonetheless Sharin Foo & Sune Rose Wagner hold a special place in my heart. I mean, any band with essentially only 2 members who can conjure up the ghost of Jesus & Mary Chain so skillfully is a-ok in my book. While Pretty In Black doesn't quite hit the same high water marks as their sophmore release The Chain Gang Of Love, Foo And Wagner still seem to be able to create stunning minuette's of sonic sound. Aided by Mo Tucker of Velvet Underground fame on drums, Pretty In Black still deserves some of your undidvided attention. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

The Ravonettes: Uncertain Times

The Ravonettes: Seductress Of Bums

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to hear your thoughts on She Wants Revenge out of LA. Essentially two people. Live is different.

I think they are great. Tons of Interpol comparisons, but I think they have something that is quite differnt after a few listens

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home