Thursday, July 21, 2005

Pour The Milk And I'll Say When


Everyone has an absolute favorite song, right? I mean I would think so. Just one song that can literally stop you from whatever you are doing because you just HAVE to listen to it. Period. Mine is Hannah & Gabi by The Lemonheads. I can't really say exactly what it is that made me fall in love with this song: was it the lyrics? Maybe. Was it the aching steel pedal guitar solo after the last chorus? Maybe. Was it the simple, haunting melody? Probably. Whatever the reason, from the day I first heard it in high school it etched itself into my heart. I used to carry the lyrics around with me in my wallet years ago. I wonder where they went. Anyway, enjoy a live solo rendition of this track plus the title song from the album it's on. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Evan Dando: Hannah & Gabi (live)

Evan Dando: It's A Shame About Ray (live)

2 Comments:

Blogger TylerN said...

love those songs.. Im a big lemonheads fan myself.. best was the Frank Mills cover on that record..

9:43 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

great posting, this was certainly the high water mark for Evan Dando and the Lemonheads gigs at this time were great fun. my wife and i fell in love with this album, My Drug Buddy was even our bridal waltz song

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home