Friday, June 03, 2005

One Step Ahead Of You



Anyone that knows me well enough is accutely aware that I bow at the altar of two singer/songwriters: Elvis Costello & Neil Finn. Don't get me wrong, there are many fine artists out there who compose amazing tunes, but for my $$$ no one can touch either of these two guys. Having said that, let's chat a little about Neil Finn. I first discovered Finn when Crowded House's self-titled first album was released. I was immediately taken with Neil's talents. After I pretty much played that cassette to death, my older cousin gave me an album that further deepened my awe for Neil Finn's talent: Split Enz: History Never Repeats. Yes, there was life before Neil hooked up with Nick Seymour and the late Paul Hester to form Crowded House. And it was good. Very very good. I was now a Finn fan for life. Along with his older brother Tim's quirky but also just as hooky songwriting, Split Enz forged a path in the early 80's with their haunting yet melodic artistic pop. For your listening (dis)pleasure, here are some select tracks to whet your appetite:


Split Enz: History Never Repeats

Split Enz: I Got You

Split Enz: One Step Ahead Of You

Split Enz: Message To My Girl

Split Enz: Dirty Creature

Split Enz: Poor Boy

THIS looks fucking amazing!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Split Enz... Good taste!

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

half the rapidshare links come up as dead from not being used in a long time. the ones that do are great, however. thanks a lot!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Musically, you and I are completely in "tune" with each other. Amazing really. I just stumbled upon this blog of yours tonight and was blown away.

Rock on. Rock on.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Jesse a.k.a. The Vicar said...

Thanks all for the nice coments. Glad we can share our love of music together.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home