Wednesday, June 01, 2005

For Always And Ever Is Always For You



Remember cassette tapes? I do. Before cd's and cd-r's and cd-rw's there was the trusty 90 minute cassette. How I managed to fit all those expressions of unrequited love to all those girls onto a 90 minute tape still eludes me. I went through many mix tapes in high school. I had plenty of unrequited love. Rummaging through an old box of year books brought me to a blank, scuffed up cassette. Not being able to remember what the hell, or who the hell it was for back in high school, I popped it in my cassette player. I listened intently. To four songs. Why did I stop at four? And more importantly, why did I waste all that excess tape? For your listening (dis)pleasure, this is what was on the tape:

The Cure: A Night Like This

Neil Young: The Needle And The Damage Done

New Order: Subculture (12" Mix)

Smashing Pumpkins: Spaceboy

3 Comments:

Blogger solightful said...

You're breaking my heart!!!

2:26 PM  
Blogger howard said...

strange, I had the first three, but not the pumpkins on a tape too, although I probably filled the rest up with something else.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

niiiice. i have a shoebox full of old mix tapes i need to breakout

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home