Monday, August 21, 2006

And I Know It's Not Easy. When You Don't Get What You Deserve. You Can Say That You Love Me. But That's Not What I Heard.



Empty beer bottles. Clothes strewn about. Eyes trying to focus, morning has come too soon. This is what I think about when I listen to Razorlight. Rock and Roll personified. Perfectly aping a thick, 60's garage sound, this self titled sophomore album came out of left field to land on my top releases of 2006. Combining The La's rough and tumble melodies with The Animals spooky atmospherics, Razorlight have successfully updated an established sound without sounding too contrived. But the real star is lead singer/guitarist Johnny Borell. With a vocal style reminicent of Bob Dylan and David Byrne, Borrell expertly paints a picture of a young lad enjoying the perils and pagentry of success. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Razorlight: Los Angeles Waltz

Razorlight: I Can't Stop This Feeling I've Got

Razorlight: America

Razorlight: Who Needs Love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home