Monday, June 13, 2005

She Was Mine To Lose



We all get emails from up & coming artists/bands. Some good, some atrocious. I'll spare you the whole rigga-ma-role. What I will not spare you though, is the music of Todd Stadtman. Weaving together key elements of Elvis Costello/XTC/Squeeze/Nick Heyward (Haircut 100) & a healthy dose of California pop, Stadtman's music posesses something that is a rarity in modern pop nowadays: instant accessibility & solid songwriting. Think I'm wrong? I'll prove it to you. For your listening (dis)pleasure:

Todd Stadtman: The Clock In My Heart

Todd Stadtman: I Don't Know Why She's Here

If you live in the Bay Area, make sure to catch his next show:

Caffe Sapore
790 Lombard Street, San Francisco
Thursday, June 27th, 7:00 pm

Here's a live version of a new Killer's track entitled "All The Pretty Faces."

Everyone needs to spend more time with Silence Is A Rhythm Too. Sincerely. Posted Friday was a most delicious new track called Chewing Gum from Scandinavian pop-ster Annie's long awaited album Anniemal. Your 13 year old cousin will think you're the coolest thing since Hot Pockets when she hears it in your car. And she will. Because you'll have it on repeat for about the next month.

I am now a happy, happy boy. Spoon has been added to this year's Street Scene lineup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home