Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Don't Change For You. Don't Change A Thing For Me.

I once got in a discussion with someone whose musical opinion I very much respect about who was the bigger loss: Kurdt Cobain or Michael Hutchence. We talked about it forever, she said Michael, while I said Kurdt. It's been some time since this topic took up residence & rattled around in my cavernous mind, but after listening to the INXS concert I've linked to below, I think I might have to rethink my decision. That is, unless someone can send the most kick-ass Nirvana show around. Any takers?

INXS - Classic Live at the Wireless 1982 (password: sth);
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11


More tunes that even a wack-job would enjoy:

Jellyfish - Bellybutton
1 2 3 4 5 6

(via Regnyouth )

Some great tracks via the awesome Take Your Medicine :

Supergrass - Seen the Light
Radiohead - Bulletproof (i wish i was) Acoustic
Animals - House of the Rising Sun

Lastly, one of the albums I linked to yesterday was "Silent Alarm" by Bloc Party. I finally listened to it in it's entirety last night. Wow. Can you say Gang of Four meets The Specials meets Wire meets The Jam circa 1978? I bet you can! Grab these tracks as a sampler, then purchase the album.

01 - Bloc Party - Like Eating Glass.mp3
06 - Bloc Party - She's Hearing Voices.mp3
09 - Bloc Party - Price of Gas.mp3
10 - Bloc Party - So Here We Are.mp3
02 - Bloc Party - Helicopter.mp3


P.S.~ Probably the funniest thing I've heard all day: http://www.greenplastic.com/

P.P.S~ Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch? "Chapelle Show" Clip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home