Monday, August 15, 2005

And Every Angry Word Is Like A Cigarette



I was never really the biggest fan of Toad The Wet Sprocket. I mean honestly. How could anyone admit they liked a band with a name as horrible as that? That's like saying you're Hoobastank's #1 fan. I did however, get a chance to see lead singer Glen Phillips perform a solo show last year in Los Angeles. And I realized something that night. This guy can write a great song. And without a full band to overpower him, his voice became this sort of mellow comfort for me. I dunno. Something just clicked that night I guess. Anyway, for your listening (dis)pleasure, here are some select tracks from a solo show he did at a club in LA called Largo this past February. Enjoy!

Glen Phillips
Live @ Largo
February 9th, 2005
Los Angeles, CA

Glen Phillips: Marigolds

Glen Phillips: Everything Matters

Glen Phillips: Released

Glen Phillips: Tender Blue (Everything But The Girl cover)

Glen Phillips: Hyper Ballad (Bjork cover)

Glen Phillips: All I Want

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

toad the wet sprocket..because of the name was heavily underrated....if you check their first album...bread and cirus...youd see that glen and the guys made songs that some bands now are trying to pull off

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home