Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I Just Can't Recall What Started Off. Or How To Begin Again. I Ain't Here To Break Ya. Just See How Far It Will Bend. Again And Again And Again.



There are two specific things I want to do when I listen to Queens Of The Stoneage. Drink and fuck. Seriously. As soon as the needle drops on the opening track, I've got shots lined up and I'm ready to make some serious love. I'm talking back up against the wall, panties at your ankles, heavy breathing kind of sex. You feel me? I thought so. Lead QOTSA Josh Homme always stood by his creed that the band was all about making music for the ladies, and their sublime new release Era Vulgaris doesn't do much to dispell that rumour. Chock full of swaggering hooks and deep, groove inducing beats, EV showcases QOTSA at their very best. After everyone pretty much slept on their previous stellar album Lullabies To Paralyze, one would think that Josh Homme & Co. would pack it in. Fortunately for you they decided otherwise. Invigorated by his star turn in Eagles Of Death Metal's sophomore album, Homme found his way back to the cocksucker blues. Do yourself a favor: grab your girl, grab this album, and grab a bottle of whiskey. The skeletons in your closet will thank you. For your listening (dis)pleasure:


Queens Of The Stoneage: Make It Wit Chu (highly rec'd!!)

Queens Of The Stoneage: 3's & 7's (highly rec'd!!)

Queens Of The Stoneage: Sick, Sick, Sick

Queens Of The Stoneage: I'm Designer


::BONUS TRACK::

Queens Of The Stoneage: Make It Wit Chu (live) (highly rec'd!!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous amber said...

SO totaly true =)

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a damn good album. :)

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home